28 Nov 2021
pt | en Contacts | Sitemap
Home > Historical Areas > Historical Area of Sé
Town Pier Print E-mail
 

The Town Pier, known in the old days as the “Entry Gate to the City of Funchal” - (Porta de Entrada), requires a compulsory visit.

 

The construction began in 1889, it substituted an former harbour from the 18th century in Pontinha, next to Fortress of São José, in front of Penha de França.

The new port was completed in 1895. Greatly increased in 1930 and inaugurated in it´s present form on the 28th of May of 1933.

.
 
 
Town Pier
Town Pier Town Pier
 

 





 

 
Sitemap | Conditions of use | Privacy policy | © 2021, Municipio do Funchal Facebook | RSS